PAS | online class 2.0
PAS | Performance Art Online Class 2.0
We have squeezed out Zoom until we got it: a new version of the PAS | Performance Art Online Class. We promise “NO FLAT ASS ZOOM CLASS”. We present an active and intense weekend workshop on performance art in which you will sweat, be active and perform (indoors and outdoors). You might even want to rearrange your living room. Exercises, experiments and other inspiring stuff are waiting for you: a research-based weekend with other like-minded people. This is the closest online format to our regular studies format and will not only inspire you but keep your body and mind busy also after the workshop. It will prepare you and your ideas for the good times to come.
• PAS | Online Class #4
led by BBB Johannes Deimling and guest teacher Laurence Beaudoin Morin
23. - 25. April 2021 (European and American time zone friendly)
Friday 18:00 - 21:00 (Berlin time), Saturday and Sunday 14:00 - 22:00 (Berlin time)
Closing registration: 19.04.2021 or earlier, if the classes are full
1 class: €160
set of 2 classes: €300 (you save €20)
set of 3 classes: €440 (you save €40)
By Lilia R. participant of the PAS | Online Class
"I have appreciated every second of this course and I will miss it very much! The goofy jokes of Johannes, the unique and mind-blowing content, the perfect coordination and organization of Monika, Laurence's encouragements and ideas improved me and my piece in the craziest way possible! The program is strong, intense and life-changing."
By Larissa T. participant of the PAS | Online Class
“This was a lot of fun and gave me much hope. The format is very well structured, the tasks are pure inspiration and all in all I saw myself growing in my research and work each minute of this amazing experience. What PAS is offering is much more than a weekend workshop! It is a well-designed tool in these times.”
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- What is the difference between class #3 and #4?
The overall focus is on Performance Art, however, each class has a different approach with different exercises, tasks and assignments.
- If I missed class #1 or #2, can I take class #3?
You can start with whatever number suits you best. Each class has a unique program and doesn’t follow a chronological order.
- I registered but didn’t cover the fee. Is my workshop spot reserved?
Unfortunately not, your place is fully booked only when you cover the fee.
- I am interested in Performance Art but have not much experience, can I take these classes?
Of course, you can, moreover, you should ;) The PAS teaching method is structured in a way, that no matter what stage you are in you will gain from the process and can further develop your interests.
-I am already an experienced performance artist, will I learn anything new?
Yes, you will, under one condition – you will attend the class with full dedication ;)
- I want to take part in all the classes. Is this possible?
Of course, you can do this. We offer a reduced fee for your participation in more than 1 class.
- If I buy a set of 2 classes, do I need to pay the fee directly?
No, we can agree on split payment, also in case of a bigger set of classes (3 or 4).
- I would need a letter to apply for covering my participation fee. Can you provide such a letter?
No problem with that. You just need to provide us with some details and we can send you the letter.
- Can I apply for a scholarship?
Unfortunately, we cannot provide scholarships. We can support you by sending invitation letters if you want to apply for some grants.
- I am an art student at a university. Is it possible that my whole class takes part in this course?
Yes, reach out to us and we will help you with further steps.
Were your questions still not answered? Write us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to register?
- Please fill the form to register for the classes: here
- Wait for the confirmation
- Transfer the fee and you are ready to go
• Working in a small group (min. 6, max. 9)
• Performance tasks in group and individual, assignments + PAS | Joker
• Inspirational lecture
• Performance presentation
• Technical, pedagogical and artistic guidance of BBB Johannes Deimling
• Meeting and working with other like-minded people
• The certificate approving the completion of the course
• Internet publicity, if agreed (Social Media, Website, online publication)
Technical requirements for online classes
• Stable internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
• Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
• A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
• Or, an HD cam or HD camcorder with a video capture card
• The newest version of Zoom app
Supported Operating Systems and Devices:
• Mac OS X with MacOS 10.7 or later
• Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
• Android & iOS devices
About PAS and PAS | Online Classes
Since 2008 PAS | Performance Art Studies has invested much of its research in the creation and the development of tasks, assignments and exercises which support the artistic performance process. Mainly, these research tools are provided during the PAS studies in which the physical presence of participants and the facilitator is inevitable.
With the PAS | Online Class we have created an active and intense research tool that combines the physicality of the participants and the virtual possibilities.